- Let the front desk know you would like to speak to a counsellor
- Drop-in counselling at The 519 is a free service
- Drop-in counselling at The 519 is provided by a counselling staff or volunteer counsellor who is trained in social work, social service work, psychotherapy, psychology, counselling psychology, or counselling
- You may access drop-in counselling services at The 519 as many times as you like. However, we ask that you only register yourself for one appointment per day.
- As sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis we encourage you to approach the front desk as early as you are able to ensure that you would be able to have a full session, please speak to the front desk at least 45-minutes before the end of the drop-in time. If you do arrive after this point, we are unable to guarantee that a counsellor will be available to see you
- To best meet your needs, we will ask you to complete a Client Information Form prior to your session so you can let us know what you’d like to focus your session on
- We will let you know how many people are ahead of you on the waitlist to see the counsellor
- When a counsellor becomes available, they will greet you in the lobby or the front desk will let you know where to go
- You will have a private space for the counselling session for up to one hour
- If you require additional supports after your session, the counsellor will provide you with resources and referrals to other services that are available
- If you would like additional support from The 519, let the counsellor know and they will connect you to other programs and services
If you access drop-in counselling in the future we cannot guarantee that you will have the same counsellor every time. However, all of our counsellors are trained, empathetic and knowledgeable about LGBTQ2S concerns and are here to support you. Drop-in counselling can be unpredictable and session times are subject to change should emergency situations occur. Sometimes this means we may not be able to see everyone who has requested counselling services on a given day.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
All identifying information provided to The 519 is confidential. If you have questions or concerns related to confidentiality, please let us know in your initial voicemail or contact our Privacy Officer at privacy@The519.org.
Drop-in Counselling Schedule:
Sunday Drop-in – Sundays, 11am – 2pm
For all LGBTQ2S people.
Meal Trans* – Mondays, 6 – 9pm
For folks who identify as two spirit, trans, non-binary, gender queer, gender fluid, gender non-conforming.
Older LGBTQ2S Drop-In*
For all LGBTQ2S folks over the age of 50.
1st Monday of the month: 6 - 8pm
2nd, 3rd and 4th Mondays of the month: 1 - 4pm
Newcomer Drop-in* – Fridays, 2 - 6pm
For LGBTQ+ refugee claimants, convention refugees, permanent residents and live-in caregiver and their families, over the age of 16.
Anti-Violence Drop-In Counselling* – Thursdays, 1 – 5 pm,
Starting in September 2019. For LGBTQ2S+ folks with experiences of violence.
*not open on statutory holidays
- Crisis, Drop-in and Peer Supports in Toronto
- Counselling & Support Referrals: Youth and Young Adults
- Counselling Referrals for Adults 30+
For questions regarding The 519’s Trauma-Informed Counselling Services, please contact
Coordinator, Trauma-Informed Counselling Services